What We Support
Arts Initiative Australia supports individuals and unincorporated collectives with capacity building grants.
We are arts-agnostic and supportive of projects that cross arts genres. We are open to considering a variety of applications, however, the following areas are provided as a guide.
Infrastructure // Resources & Knowledge
New knowledge (e.g, mentoring, self-directed education or research/development projects, or study)
Support staff or consultants
- Physical spaces or equipment
- Enterprise, collective or collaboration start-up costs
Artistic Works // Including Research & Development
Artistic works that are directly part of a strategic plan towards career sustainability
- Artistic works that contribute towards research into a strategic plan for career sustainability
Audience Development // Building Your Own Audience or General Arts Audiences
Communications and marketing
Audience acquisition, development and nurturing
How We Support
We provide assistance and advice in establishing business structures, marketing, legalities, mentoring programs, administration of artistic initiatives, fostering partnerships. Although finance is an important factor of every project, many projects require far more than a one off grant.
Selection of Projects for us to Support
We will take projects on board where;
- there is strong authentic commitment to the project by its instigator(s) and partners/supporters
- the project will have a high impact on the capacity of an artist or for the arts
- we have the capacity to help or support
Once you have submitted your Expression of Interest, we will get back to you with feedback and/or further questions within 4 weeks.
Apply for Support
Expressions of interest given by Video or Sound in addition to, or lieu of written application, are welcome.
Please ensure you answer the following questions in your submission;
- What do you have in mind? Why is it important to you?
- How does your project build your capacity as an artist or to the arts at large?
- Next Steps for your Project?
Any additional information you may provide will be considered, but please ensure that it is relevant to the explanation of your project and what stage it is up to.